Wednesday, June 1, 2011

becoming gathered

For the past four months I've struggled with well lets just say stress. I've been to the doctor and had a full run of extensive tests done to ensure that I am in good health.  Which I am.  I am probably in the best shape I have been my entire life.  I eat well, go to Bikrim yoga at least once a week, and rarely drink. Due to the lovely chest palpitations and pain, I had to give up my daily cup of joe.  Oh how I miss coffee! After 3 1/2 months I tried Decaf. It was okay. It was a very watered down version of what I actually wanted or I guess what I was expecting.  I even got chest palpitations a little while afterwards. I can't tell if it was from the coffee itself or the amount of stress I have been under in general.  



I heard the other day that your heart can actually weaken from heart ache and stress. Thinking about everything I have been through in my life, all the hardships and tough times I hope if anything my heart has gotten stronger, not weaker.  Today I am going to go get a massage, and next week I have an acupuncture appointment.  Its funny, I am very uncomfortable around needles, but I am not scared of trying acupuncture.  I am more excited to try it.  I hope it works.  My next step is seeing a chiropractor.  My boss and his wife strongly recommended a man they use, but to be honest I am a little scared to go to a chiropractor.  The thought of having my backed cracked is pretty nerve racking. But I am determined to be a better me, so I will try anything to stop this anxiety and pain.  



xo 
b


No comments:

Post a Comment